Sunday, May 11, 2008


Well we've adjusted back to civilization since our adventures along the Escalante...or have we? We had a week of gorgeous weather, and our kids along with a bunch of neighborhood kids colonized an Indian village complete with trading post.

I'm not sure if this picture is a sign of being adjusted back to civilization or not...

Well, anyways, Spring is FINALLY here!! We are savoring every moment of warm weather, so we'll have good memories to look back on in a few months when it gets cold and we are all snowed in again.
One highlight of this season that we've especially enjoyed is the springing forth of flowers! I tried to get Kami to sing sweetly the song "I Love the Flowers". It is from a primary tape I listened to when I was little. However, I couldn't get her to sing it proper, so here is take 1, take 2, and take 3. There were lots of takes in between too....

Sweet and Silly

Sweet and Really Silly

Choreographed version




And last but not least, today Porter and I shared a special day! I had a nice mothers day complete with a sign on the wall, card, present, and songs sung in sacrament meeting. Porter had a fun day celebrating his 6th birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So kami singing "i love the flowers" totally reminded me of, "i wanna be a mutha!" At least there was no break in the footage and then all of a sudden a very sullen and serious Kami. Ha ha, love you Dad!!!

Allison said...

HaaHaHA! Kami's singing had me in tears, especially the choreographed version! Hmmm, I wonder where she gets that silly side from? I think I've seen home videos of cute little Jana being silly like that before...

Happy Birthday Porter, and Happy Mother's Day Jana!

Louisa said...

She is definitely a little Jana! What a nut! So cute!!!

maeg said...

Happy Birthday to Porter! And what a funny Kami. She reminds me of you Jana!

Maria said...

So Jana, the burning question we all want to know is, DID YOU CHOREOGRAPH that final version for Kami? My personal favorite were the big sighs and then the deep breaths before starting back in again. What a sweetie!