Last week the kids and I had a fun, crazy, wet time at Green Canyon Hot Springs. They offer "condensed" swimming lessons...the kids had 2 hours of lessons in the morning, then in the afternoon, we'd swim swim swim til we could swim no more!! Dallin was in heaven splashing to his hearts content. (In the afternoons, I took the plunge with the kids, and let Kami and Dallin swim til they tired out). We were up there camping with about 25 other homeschool families...so the kids had so much fun being with their friends ALL WEEK LONG! It was one big party. They especially enjoyed lively games of capture the flag in the evenings. By the end of the week, pulling them out of "bag" for their 8 o clock lesson in the morning was a bit of a struggle since they were so tired out from late nights and long days! One day they had 3 lessons in a row! That's a lot of exercise!!



Porter was determined to catch a fish with his net...but only found a water skeeter and some burrs that kept getting tangled in the net.
Feelin' Groovy...The kids and I hung out in Sunny the happy VW van (complete with Ron Paul sticker, which got us some nice attention). So we had a nice groovy hippie experience, cooking one pot meals on the backpacking stove and roasting marshmallows and starbursts over the fire in the evenings. Today Porter told me he used to like marshmallows, but not anymore since he ate so many when we were camping! We had a great(but a bit chilly and breezy) week, and by the end, they were all genuine little fishies!! (Fishies with very dried out chapped skin!!!)
Lookin' crusty...but having fun!!
5 comments:
Dallin is so stinkin' cute! Look at him just hanging with the gang in the last picture. I just want to squeeze him and cuddle him.
That sounds like such a fun experience. I have yet to put any of my kids in swim lessons and I worry about that all the time. I keep saying "next summer" and it keeps getting put off.
Will you raise my kids?
You have the CUTEST kids! OR should I say I have the cutest nieces and nephews :-)
I have to agree that they are pretty darn cute! They are just going to have some of the best memories from growing up with such great parents like you!
How fun! You really know how to camp-it-up hippie style! :) Your kids all look so happy in that last picture! I love it!
Post a Comment