Thursday, May 3, 2012

Greeks and Romans

This year we have been having fun diving into the lives of Greeks and Romans. This is our Greek party. The kids put on a play they made up. I think Kami is Persephone, but I can't remember who every body else is. However, they were very funny and creative and really got into it. They enjoyed some Greek yogurt, hummus, grapes, olives, grape juice, and other such foods- but mostly enjoyed laying on the couches to eat it!
Salt dough maps! Porter really liked learning about volcanoes and the lost city of Pompeii. He did a cool report at our co-op school on volcanos. He made one out of salt clay, and painted it all nice. Then he put a lego city at the base. He had the other kids predict what would have the biggest reaction--- baking soda and vinegar, diet coke and mentos, or sprite and salt. Try it and find out for yourself!!
Can you guess what country that is? Hint: It is supposed to look like a boot!

1 comment:

Derek n Aubree said...

Well first off I LOVE Spencer's chest hair! Is that real or did his dad spare some?

Looks like you guys had a grand party!!

Nice job on your volcano Porter! I remember I did a baking soda/vinegar one too! We didn't know about mentos back then!