Friday, January 23, 2009

Kids Do the Darndest Things

I love kids. Leave them alone for awhile, and they come up with some pretty original ideas to occupy their time.


Take Porter for instance. Today he announced he was going to start up his chain making business again. (Last week he spent many serious moments "chaining" and selling.) So this morning he was at it again, and then proclaimed that chains were for sale. I was able to purchase a very fashionable decoration for my bedroom, for only 25 cents! Anyone interested, please contact Porter.

The kids all spent some time today in sewing mode. They get out the needles and old pillowcases and sheets and create very interesting articles of clothing. It keeps them quiet for a long time!


Spencer made this hat for a resident dolly.

This was actually from the other day...Lindsey made a uh..dress, or is it a nightgown, or maybe a hospital gown...it was her own creation anyhow.


I had to take this picture...Kami was so proud...I let her make pancakes for a snack all by herself, and she was beaming, and feeling so important to check the pancake, make sure it was done, and flip it.


Lindsey's new friend she built today.

Well, this next one was the winner of the day. Lindsey and Kami decided to set up their own radio station. I have an old Karoke machine from when I was in high school...They set the karoke machine in the hallway turned up very loud, and then I found them with the microphone shut up in the bathroom. They then proceeded to broadcast to the entire house. This afternoon we've heard a variety of primary songs, stories, some violin, whistling,flute tooting, and my favorite- "And now Kami is going to sing I am A Child of God...wait, I'm on the toilet!....loud flush ringing through the house...ok, Im ready." So I had to break in and get a shot.



So, 3 hours later,( yes, really!) the radio is still going, and I had to post this picture...looks like we've progressed into a modern hanging microphone, complete with a sound man(Spencer is involved now,too) up top in the tech hall. Lindsey has been performing a flute/vocal duet featuring herself and herself.

2 comments:

Maria said...

You really have a lot of fun things happening with your kids. What lucky kiddos they are!

Harris family said...

Your kids crack me up! But does this slightly remind me of "radio program" that I found on a tape made for Joey while he was on his mission by your kids' Uncle Darren and Aunt Angela and it featured a soon to give birth Jana?!