Thursday, January 22, 2009

January Blues

Usually January is kind of a cold, blue month, stuck in doors with cabin fever. Not this year! The bluest thing this past month has been the sky!! We have had so many sunny, blue skied days in a row, with NO wind!! Yes, cold, but we've acclimatized, I suppose. So we've had some fun times getting out enjoying the sun and snow!! Ryan and I have been able to get out together and cross country ski alone ...Spencer is almost 12, and old enough to hold down the fort long enough for us to ski out at both the sand dunes and the golf course,which are only minutes away, for a nice little work out.


The kids having a shooting contest


The girls having fun skiing in our yard/pasture

Bear Gulch back country skiing...what a FUN trail, with lots of ups and downs to keep the kids moving and challenged!

Martin Luther King Day found us at Harriman State Park. Beautiful groomed trails with a lot to explore. The sun was so warm...it was a perfect day to be out with the little ones!!

Kami and Dallin enjoy the free ride. If anybody out there is looking for an awsome cross country ski vacation, come visit soon and you'll get free meals, room and board, and the most beautiful ski trails around.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm always amazed at your adventures! Probably because I'm a whiner and complainer when it comes to taking my little munchkins outdoors--so much work! You're amazing!

Linda said...

Do we need a reservation or can we just show up on the door step?

But, the room involves a 4-mile hike to a shelter built of sticks I would probably complain to the Better Business Bureau.

ej