we have been enjoying the most recent of them all-
THE BIG MELT!
Winter always seems long around here! Less than two weeks ago, the temperature was in the twenties, and even plummeted to 5 degrees one morning. There were a couple feet of snow in our yard, the driveway was a lane of ice, and the kids kept busy building snow forts and other frozen delights.
Their little abode
A private toilet area. Pardon the yellow hole...
All comfy cozy complete with pillows.
But this week the temperatures have soared to the high thirties, and behold...slush, beloved slush! Everywhere!! There are more colors on earth than white!
The kids were so excited to see gravel they pulled out the bikes and went on a bike ride
Great big puddles of joy.
The next transition features Dallin. This past week he has gone from plop scooting baby to nursery going toddler. 18 months old, and finally taking his first real steps! I've never had a baby walk so late, nor have I ever known any baby to walk so late, but now you'd never know when he started!
We named this the "plop scoot"
No, this isn't Dallins transition from male to female...actually, Lindsey got a hold of him,(and the camera) and brought him downstairs with the new name of Susanna. However this clip does model his newly acquired walking skills. He/she seems a bit moody in this shot.
Our other spotlight of transition is Porter. He has blossomed lately. This past couple of weeks he has started to read, memorized 3 articles of faith, started playing violin, and started progressing so much in math I switched him up to the 2nd grade book! It has been so fun to watch this "spurt"!
Showing off the hat he won in the snowshoe race.
His fortune teller business. Only a quarter!
I called my cousin Louisa for some tips on helping kids learn to read (since she's a pro at this). I followed her advice, and Porter absolutely took off! Thanks cuz! One morning he came up with this novel idea that he was going to stand on the table and sing his books. It has now evolved into more of a family affair, with all the kids participating. Lindsey named them the Porternacle Choir. Now in the morning when I tell them it's time for the song and prayer, they leap onto the table and start singing all silly before I can get them started with the hymn. They are
SILLY!!
PS Check out Lindsey's blog, she wanted to post some of her adventures in the kitchen, so I put her blog back up.
1 comment:
Wow! How great is that! I am so glad that those books have helped Porter. He'll be reading Harry Potter before you know it.
Congrats on all the other transitions. I think seeing the gravel is a big one! We had to mow our lawn this weekend. Our winter grass is looking so lovely. Tee hee. You remember the spring down here. All the flowers are starting to bloom and it is so green. I hope it starts to warm up for you soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment