Well I know you've all been waiting anxiously to see what happened to our little orphans. The egg we put in there never did hatch, so it ended up we had one little survivor. We've had a sweet month watching this little guy grow. We became friends with Mrs. and Mr. Robin as they spent hours going back and forth across our front porch feeding their baby. Each day he grew a little stronger, and got more feathers. Right on target, he flew the coop a couple days ago (2 weeks from hatching). We haven't seen any of the birds since. It sure was a fun couple of weeks learning and watching!!

Mama caught what looks like a scrumptious breakfast

Dallin really got into chasing the birds every time they would land on the porch. He got a lot of fun out of it.
3 comments:
Last year was our first year having a robin nest close enough to watch. It was more of a novelty than it was this year, but it is still fun to watch. How fun!
Jana we are SO BUMMED that we all got sick and had to cancel the rest of our trip. The kids cried over not getting to see their cousins. I hope Ryan is feeling better and that you guys get to spend more time with Gma and Gpa and D and A.
I was bummed to not see you all too. But hopefully everyone is feeling better. Looks like you are doing so well. I'm glad. I can't believe how grown up everyone is. I wish we could all get together more. Love ya
Post a Comment