Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Jackson!


Well, yesterday was Jacksons big day. The kids have been talking for weeks about Jackson's first birthday, and the present they 've been wanting to give him: an entire day in the house. I told them I'd think about it, but don't get your hopes up. I'm not exactly a fan of really big hairy wet animals clamoring about the house. I cleaned up enough daily doggy doo doo when he was a puppy living in the mud room to get my fill of having a puppy in the house all day. That rug there in the picture was the recipient of his first little accident on Christmas morning. Well, yesterday the fated day finally arrived. I woke up to see that Spencer had arisen early to make him his very own "Happy Birthday Jackson" banner to hang on the wall. Luckily, the kids spent most the day outside working and playing, so I didn't have to worry about "the gift". When they all came in for dinner, they remembered what they had promised Jackson. So he got to come in and spend a bit of the evening with the family. He even got a candle, his very own home made birthday hat, a song, and a nice warm brownie. Happy Birthday Big J.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You're a good mom. Our dog drives me crazy. I'm not sure I'd have it in me to give him a party.