Today was a way fun day. The young women in our ward held a service project where they offered to watch children ages 3-11 from 9am to 1pm while us parents went Christmas shopping! So we got up and out the door, dropped the kids off, and Ryan and I had a fun time in Idaho Falls trying to fit in all the stores we needed to hit before we had to be back. We had a great time and Dallin was so good sitting in the car and shopping cart while we cruised about.
Then, we went and picked up the kids, who had had a wonderful fun time filled with crafts, activities, treats, even lunch! We dropped by our house real quick to grab snow pants and tree cutting tools, and were off to find the perfect Christmas tree. We decided to go up to where the kids built the wiki- up with Ryan. So our first mission, of course, was to find it.
Mission accomplished! The kids were so excited to see that it was still there. No one had discovered it and ransacked the place. It is still standing nice and sturdy with the firewood inside. Next task was to find "the tree".
It didn't take the kids long to spot"the one". They each took turns sawing, and finally it went down.
That thing is huge! Ryan and I tried pulling a few of our canoe hoisting moves, and we got it up there, but boy, was it heavy!! The kids wanted to find the biggest tallest tree they could find, since we paid a permit for a tree up to 20 feet. I think they about did it!! Our car made it home ok, but I'm sure she was sagging a bit. We decided to save the putting up and decorating for Monday since our energy was sapped! The best part of the trip was reading our current family entertainment Calico Captive in the car on the way up and back. It's about a family in the 17oo's who is captured by Indians on the brink of the French and Indian war. They are separated, sold to the French and....well, you better read it to find out what happens if you haven't yet!!
4 comments:
That tree is huge! It will look great with your vaulted ceiling. Can't wait to see what it looks like decorated in your house.
I love it!
Will you email me your address so I can update and send your christmas card to the right place.
Thanks! Janet
Janet.Briones@imail.org
I am not sure your tree was big enough!! 20 feet we thought ours was big and it was only 8. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Your blog looks great! We will enjoy checking it out.
Nice tree.
I can see the sky behind the van....nice to see a sunset again. We have that here but the smog sunset just doesn't compare.....
Post a Comment